Monday, June 17, 2013

To Jazz Fest in New Orleans

Wednesday April 24, 2013
To Jazz Fest!
I'm riding the train to NOLA this year, meeting up with my good friend Michael Nichols, for Jazz Fest 2013.  We'll be attending both weeks!  Here we go!
Amtrak C'ville

Ariana Grill Kabob House
Karen dropped me at the Amtrak in C'ville at 5:30 PM for an 8:52 departure. With that much extra time on my hands, I walked back into town to a great little cafe, The Ariana Grill Kabob House.  I had a nice dinner including chick peas, brown rice and spicy chunks of chicken.  A couple of mugs of Starr Hill Amber on draft washed it all down..

Starr Hill Amber Ale
Wild Wing Sample Tray

I walked back to the station and still had some time to kill so I dropped by The Wild Wing Cafe next door to the Amtrak Station and sampled some more of the local brews.  I found the train and away….

No comments: